Important: The error may show different numbers, but otherwise be the same as the one above. If you get an error while posting to QuickBooks , especially if the CPC-to-QB process has been successful in the past, perform the steps in the solution below to see if they fix the error.
An error may occur during the post to QuickBooks if Client Payroll Calculator does not have the proper permissions in QuickBooks to access personal data.
To check and change the setting:
- Open QuickBooks .
- On the Edit menu, select Preferences…
- In the left side of the Preferences dialog box, select Integrated Applications.
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- In the list of applications that have previously requested access to the company file, select Vertex Client Payroll Calculator or Vertex Integrator and click the Properties button.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Access Rights tab.
- Make sure “Allow this application to access Social Security Numbers, customer credit card information, and other personal data” is checked.
- Click OK to close the Properties box.
- Click OK again to close the Preferences box.
Retry the Post to GTN from Client Payroll Calculator.
This error may occur for no apparent reason after many successful posts from CPC to QuickBooks in the past. QuickBooks periodically downloads patches, fixes and updates. Some of these changes may revoke Client Payroll Calculator’s right to access social security numbers and other personal data, either intentionally or accidentally, which will cause the post process to suddenly, and for no apparent reason, fail.