You can add file types such as Word, Excel, PDF, or even image files to Case Manager.
There are two paths to access Documents on file:
- From the Menu, select Vdoc where you can search for documents from any consumer.
2. From a Consumer record, select Documents on File to view documents specific to that consumer.
New documents can be added either from Vdoc or the Consumer page. However, if you add the document from the Consumer page, you won’t need to select the consumer for the record. Other than the name of the consumer, adding a document from either location is the same.
Adding new documents
- From the Menu select Vdoc.
- Select +New.
- Using the Consumer drop-down, select the consumer.
- Using the Document Type drop-down, select the type of document you are adding. You can add new document types by selecting the + icon.
- Enter an optional Subject and/or Description of the file.
- Today’s date defaults into Received On and you can change the date if necessary. Use Reviewed On to denote the date the document should be reviewed/renewed. You can use the Documents on File for Consumers by Next Review Date report to list which consumers/documents require review during the date range selected. For a listing of documents by consumer, use the Documents on File for Consumers report.
- Select the document icon to open the search tool. Or you can choose to drag and drop the file.
- Navigate to the file to upload. Select the file and click Open.
- Click Save & Close.
- To view the document, while working from VDoc, navigate to the document and select the paper icon.
- The document icon displays in the lower-left of the page. Select to open/view the document.
You can also view and upload documents from the consumer’s page by selecting Documents on File from the consumer’s toolbar. Only documents related to that person display.