This can happen in any situation where you attempt to add or create a time record in an unacceptable way or in a way that causes a problem.
For example, if you enter the job number, job step number and start time, then go back and try to change the job number, the error may occur because a stop time is required for the record. It will not always happen through the same steps, nor will the same series of steps always trigger it.
In any case, you can perform these steps to clear the error and move on:
- Click OK to the error.
- Press the ESC key 2-3 times to back out of the current change.
- Delete the record by clicking the red ‘x’ button on the right side of the screen.
Now retry the record. The error should not re-occur. However, in some cases it may, or you may have made same keying error you did previously. If you can’t clear out the error, then perform the steps below:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- Click Task Manager.
- On the Applications tab, click ‘Client Payroll Manager – [Time Entry]’ (or ‘Pathway ProductivityTrac’).
- Click End Task.
- If any prompts, warnings or other notices appear, click OK/Yes as appropriate.
- Log back in to Client Payroll Manager, open Time Entry and re-enter the record.